By Jason Gelios REALTOR®
1. What does home owners insurance cover?
Knowing what your insurance covers is a must because it can be costly should something happen like an earthquake or tornado.
2. What does my insurance NOT cover?
Knowing what your insurance excludes will help you decide what additional coverage you will need to ensure everything is covered.
3. You should shop around
Shopping around at a minimum of three insurance agencies will give you a good idea of what you will pay for coverage. Try to avoid off brand agencies and shop through well known insurance agencies to make a sound decision.
4. Know how to lower your rates
Find out what will allow you to lower your insurance rates. This will save you a lot of money over the long term.
5. Never wait too long to file a claim
Waiting too long to file a claim can hurt your chances of receiving coverage. File your claim as soon as possible after you gather your information.
6. Keep a record
Everybody should have a file folder or area where you keep records that you can access easily. this will help keep things efficient.
* Please consult with a licensed insurance professional for the best tips and knowledge. If you are in need of a referral, please comment below.
Jason Gelios is a Husband and Father. After that, a Top Producing REALTOR®, Author of the book Think like a REALTOR®, Creator of The AskJasonGelios Real Estate Show and an Expert Media contributor.